A teenager is someone who is between 13 and 19 years of age. It is a phase of life where a person transitions from childhood to adulthood.
This entire period is a learning process about one's self. It is a time when children will now want to make decisions for themselves. They will learn about responsibility and how to stand on their own two feet.
As such, here are some resources that can help you learn everything about being a teenager.
Arts and Entertainment
Books and Writing
- Astrology – here is a great resource about the different planets, stars, constellations, and their different meanings.
- The Meaning of Your Dreams – this site shows you a massive list of words and their meaning as far as dream interpretations are concerned.
- Screen Rant – here is a resource that reviews movies and provide news about the entertainment industry.
College and Career
Clubs and Organizations
Computers and Internet
- Club for Young Writers – this is a site that provides an avenue for young writers to post their stories, poetry or essays.
- Books for Teens – here is a page that shows a list of books that teenagers must read.
- Advice for Teenage Authors – this resource shows eight tips that teenagers must take into account when writing.
- Poetry for Teens – here is a site that has a wide selection of poems and advices about poetry.
- Songwriting Tips – this site shows tips how to write songs, specifically for teens.
- Tips for Writing – read this resource if you need advice on how to write effectively.
- Citing Sources – here are tips on how you can avoid plagiarism and cite sources the right way.
- Connect Safely – this resource elaborates about online safety.
- Viruses – here is a quick read about computer viruses that is easy to understand.
- Why Choose Mac? – this is a write-up about the benefits of using Mac.
- The Basics of a PC – here is a resource detailing what you need to know about desktops and computers.
- Computer Programming for Teens – here are some tips on how a teen can prepare for computer programming.
- How to Save Money – here are some tips for teens on how to make and save money.
- Teen and Consumerism – here are some tips how teens can manage their spending habits.
- A Teenager's Transition – this page tells the story of someone who transitioned from being a teen into an adult.
- Taxes or Teens – here is an important site that explains the taxes that teenagers pay.
- Balancing Checkbook – here is a resource that will help a teen understand how to balance checkbooks.
Issues and Conflicts
- Menstruation – here are tips to help you understand menstruation and how to deal with it.
- STDs – here are some facts about teen STDs.
- Contraception – here you will find information about birth control.
- Stress Management – here are some stress management tips for teens.
- Drug Use – this site offers information about drug abuse and teenagers.
- Alcohol and Teens – read this to learn more about alcohol and how it relates to teenagers.
- Fitness for Teens – here are some tips on how teens can stay fit.
- Smoking – this site shows facts about teen smoking.
- Race – this is a news article about teens, race, and its connection to dating violence.
- Religion – this shows the importance of religion in teens.
- Depression – here is a good resource on how to spot depression and how to fight it.
- Eating Disorders – read this to understand more about eating disorders in teens.
- Bullying – this is a guide to help support teens going through bullying.
- Parental Divorce – here is an article showing the effects of divorce to a teen.
- Basketball – here is a good resource o develop basketball skills for teenagers.
- Soccer – this site is dedicated to teaching soccer.
- Beauty – this focuses on skin care for teens.
- Hair Dying – learn some cool tips about coloring your hair.
- Tattooing – here some things to consider before getting a tattoo.
- Piercing – know everything about body piercing and its implications.
Being a teen is difficult. You will face a lot of challenges and you will be subjected to peer pressure. You will be bullied, and you will be going through tough times.
You must overcome these challenges by learning how to make the right decisions. You can use the guides shown above to help you overcome these difficulties and blossom into a flourishing adult.