Learning to live alone. (5)

Post Comment
  • Ric4984 Dating Profile
    Nov 4, 2023 11:30 AM UTC
    Hi everyone, recently separated, and going through a divorce after 14 years. Any advice on how to recreate a social life? Have a son (13) and daughter (10) I see every other weekend. Other then that, I sit in a empty house, bored when I'm not at work. Just trying to keep my mind busy, and meet new people.
  • Rhonda123 Dating Profile
    Rhonda123 25 Posts New York City, New York, USA
    Nov 4, 2023 4:54 PM UTC
    well Ric, no trick to living alone. I've been alone for 5 years since I fled an abusive relationship. Get out and do things, volunteer, join a few groups, anything where you meet people. Maybe even an attractive woman
  • Zero- Dating Profile
    Nov 4, 2023 11:09 PM UTC

Quote:
    well Ric, no trick to living alone. I've been alone for 5 years since I fled an abusive relationship. Get out and do things, volunteer, join a few groups, anything where you meet people. Maybe even an attractive woman

-- And I, my Dear Lady Amazon Rhonda -KNOW- You should serious think, about having a Very Deep Physical Relationship with a White Pigmy like me.... such satisfaction awaits you...deep messages, soft caresses, intimate kissing...yes, on all your soft places...your lips, ears, neck, shoulders, arms, breasts, the cleave of your hips, the edges of your womanly chalice, your inner thighs, calves, ankles feet & toes -- 👀🤗 - I'm waiting for You -- Don't You Know ---👀😁 - It's as simple as 123.
  • Libbyshuman Dating Profile
    Libbyshuman 8 Posts Medford, Oregon, USA
    Nov 5, 2023 6:32 PM UTC

Quote:
    Hi everyone, recently separated, and going through a divorce after 14 years. Any advice on how to recreate a social life? Have a son (13) and daughter (10) I see every other weekend. Other then that, I sit in a empty house, bored when I'm not at work. Just trying to keep my mind busy, and meet new people.

As a guy who's been single my whole life, the first thing I would offer as food for thought is to ask how comfortable are you in your own skin these days? The end of a long term relationship tends to put one on a collision course of being forced to handle alone time. Do you read? Go to the library, join a book club. What hobbiess do you have an interest in or actively participate in? Any local clubs catering to that interest? Is there a local spot to hang out with a coffee or beverage where you can browse the internet and not be stuck at home? Bottom line is you have to go to the world. It won't knock your door...

And you have two kids. Aside from your visitation, have you considered setting aside times to spend with each individually so you can enhance your relationships? Attending sporting events, recitals, school plays, or any of their activities will put you out there as well as solidify your relationships as they enter the toughest time to be a human. It is possible to be their parent and their friend too.

Perspective is huge in your place in life. Home can become a prison of isolation and loneliness if you don't proactively move ahead making your own life on your own terms. As sad as the ending of a long term relationship can be, consider how you want to shape your life for your future and those relationships you value. And yes, if need be, there is no shame whatsoever in seeking counseling help. Hope this offers a couple thoughts to move forwardd with. Be well.
  • Zero- Dating Profile
    Nov 6, 2023 12:41 PM UTC

Quote:

-- And I, agree
Post Comment
Thread Statistics
4 Comments
Created: Nov 4, 2023 11:30 AM UTC
Last Viewed: 1 sec
Last Comment: Nov 6, 2023 12:41 PM UTC
Last Liked: Feb 15, 2024 5:21 AM UTC
Share This Thread
Forum Search