How do guys feel about women making the first move? (35)

Post Comment
  • QuizzicalSprout Dating Profile
    QuizzicalSprout OP 8 Posts Portland, Oregon, USA
    May 16, 2023 5:11 AM UTC
    How do guys feel about women making the first move? Am I just super old school with the idea that it's still the expectation for the man to make the first move or is that still the status quo? How are women perceived for making the first move? Is it different for everyone? Just curious.
  • Sayless Dating Profile
    Sayless 22 Posts Lawndale, California, USA
    May 16, 2023 5:40 AM UTC

Quote:
    How do guys feel about women making the first move? Am I just super old school with the idea that it's still the expectation for the man to make the first move or is that still the status quo? How are women perceived for making the first move? Is it different for everyone? Just curious.

We love it.. go for it..
  • safegambler1 Dating Profile
    safegambler1 3 Posts Pittsburg, Kansas, USA
    May 18, 2023 10:38 AM UTC
    I feel quite flattered if the lady makes the first move. Sometimes men overlook a real gem for whatever reason. So, come on ladies, don't be shy.
  • ABQJack Dating Profile
    ABQJack 1 Post Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
    May 18, 2023 8:04 PM UTC
    Go for it as everyone wins and no losers.
  • Salem42solo Dating Profile
    Salem42solo 15 Posts Salem, Oregon, USA
    May 27, 2023 5:52 PM UTC

Quote:

It can remove any questions, confusion about the situation. I would recommend trying not to blindside the guy though. Walking along having a friendly conversation, never having dated or talked about it, if you just randomly kiss the guy, it might be a bit awkward for a few.
    May 28, 2023 7:48 PM UTC

Quote:
    if you just randomly kiss the guy, it might be a bit awkward for a few.

Yeah, consent is kind of important...
    I meant just asking someone out.

Edited: May 28, 2023 7:49 PM UTC
  • Windbreaker Dating Profile
    Windbreaker 1 Post Wyandotte, Michigan, USA
    May 28, 2023 8:31 PM UTC

Quote:

PLEASE! Do it. Then we don't have to wonder if you are interested.
    May 29, 2023 12:27 AM UTC

Quote:

Quote:

Yes. But if you have consent, is it really the first move? (Kinda teasing you here.) Seriously, for me, if I'm interested in dating a woman it's stressful to a build up the nerve to ask, think of an outing that will appeal to her... If she beat me to the punch and took all that off my plate.... Yeah, that would be awesome.

May 30, 2023 7:04 AM UTC

Quote:
    Yes. But if you have consent, is it really the first move? (Kinda teasing you here.) Seriously, for me, if I'm interested in dating a woman it's stressful to a build up the nerve to ask, think of an outing that will appeal to her... If she beat me to the punch and took all that off my plate.... Yeah, that would be awesome.

Can't tell you how many crushes I had when I was younger and I never told them anything at all because we had a great friendship and I didn't want to ruin that or some other silly reason my mind made up, lol. I think it's all likely based on fear of rejection. I just need to stop being a coward. I like to think rejection is divine protection anyhow.
  • mrfunguy4u Dating Profile
    mrfunguy4u 3 Posts Kathleen, Georgia, USA
    May 31, 2023 9:04 AM UTC

Quote:

Quote:

We love it.. go for it..

• SamSteele Dating Profile
    SamSteele 7 Posts West Nipissing, Ontario, Canada
    Jun 2, 2023 8:53 PM UTC
    It depends on how shy the guy is.
    it's easier to go along with a new prospect. that is giving you all the right signals, than to risk rejection in front of anyone watching you walk over to engage her.
    Jun 16, 2023 2:33 PM UTC

Quote:

Quote:
    Can't tell you how many crushes I had when I was younger and I never told them anything at all because we had a great friendship and I didn't want to ruin that or some other silly reason my mind made up, lol. I think it's all likely based on fear of rejection. I just need to stop being a coward. I like to think rejection is divine protection anyhow.

It's truly the same for a lot of guys too, I believe. Nervous to ask out the woman we just met because we're seemingly hitting it off, or she seems to be, "out of our league." My best female friend, through High School I'd make a lame, seriously lame, occasional attempt to see if maybe we could, "go out." Never happened. (To this day she has some pretty silly/embarrassing letters I wrote.) Our friendship grew over the years. Like 13, or so, years after High School there was a window of opportunity where I maybe could have taken a chance on going to the next level. I chose not to, or maybe chickened out. Doesn't matter. At that point we'd been really good friends for 10+ years, and in that time we'd only had 10 minutes of drama. That was because her cousin owed me money, I'd wanted to rough him up, she didn't want me to. In the end he paid me back, and life went on. We're still good friends to this day.
    Hard choice to make. Risk what you have for the chance of something more, that could be amazing... or lead to the end of any form of relationship. I wish you the best whichever choice you make, and wish you luck if you take, or already took a chance.

• Rdoug69 Dating Profile
    Rdoug69 3 Posts Memphis, Tennessee, USA
    Jun 27, 2023 9:53 AM UTC
    I love it when the lady makes the first move,That's how most of my relationships begin. I have always on the shy side.
  • Retronerd Dating Profile
    Retronerd 3 Posts Los Angeles, California, USA
    Jun 28, 2023 4:43 AM UTC
    I’m for it. Anyone should make a move if they feel like it
  • ZERO Dating Profile
    Jun 28, 2023 5:46 AM UTC
    The World is an Open Place - A Lady, who is open to this knowledge is always welcome to express herself and her Desires -- Well, you see a man, who stimulates your Dreams & Desires.. Ah, yes, she is a Lady of Exceptional, Strength & Form, as another Gentleman said here -"Go For It" --Respectfully, well said my friend, but I would only change one word, and add a few -- "Go for Him, be yourself, and be guided by "Never Fear, as you Potential Love is Near; He'll Look into your Eyes, and See, This Lovely Lady, has finally arrived for Me" -- Be Blessed, This Event Can Be ---🍷< I'll Drink to That!
  • Ugts2chll Dating Profile
    Jun 30, 2023 10:20 PM UTC

Quote:

. Honesty and respect mix in some spontaneity. And we just might find an appropriate place to meet for the first time. No matter who asks first. This isn't high School nor is it old fashioned times. Go for it!
  • TARIFYK Dating Profile
    TARIFYK 1 Post Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, USA
    Jul 1, 2023 11:47 AM UTC
    Now days, people have had so many toxic relationships that have broken any and everything they thought they knew about the do's and dont's when it comes to dating/how long its been since the other persons breakup/ECT... Unfortunately, "REBOUNDING" seems to run rampant with alot of people whose heart/investment really dont fully leave the previous relationship. Considering it more as a "BREAK" or "HALLPASS". Its hard to invest any extra feelings anymore because of this. We fear catching feelings therefore making a "first move" has become increasingly harder. Past relationships have literally whooped our asses to the point where we dont know if we could take another whoopin' like that. Even though we are strong and can endure alot, eventually it can completely break a persons mentality, then next they become unable to physically express themselves. Scared of change/the unknown/making more mistakes/or possibly even scaring away new people. As a man i'd be more than flattered if a woman made the first move. But at the same time, it all depends on the situation and just how comfortable you are with the other person. You never know if you never try though. Everyone,(well,,, most) ,says they want a REAL, LONG LASTING/HONEST/TRUE LOVE... But, fail. Do to the fact that one or the other aernt ready to accept the fact that nothings perfect and it will always be a work in progress. Nobodys perfect, even if they seem it at first. Also, i would like to apologize because i kinda went a little "too much" answering this question. Apparently i needed to make myself look foolish..... Mission Accomplished!!! Blahblah smilie emoji/emoticon smiley Stupid smilie emoji/emoticon smiley Talking Ear Off smilie emoji/emoticon smiley Doh smilie emoji/emoticon smiley Silly smilie emoji/emoticon smiley
  • JJsquirt Dating Profile
    JJsquirt 4 Posts West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA
    Jul 1, 2023 9:10 PM UTC

Quote:

Love it!
  • baseball-lvr Dating Profile
    baseball-lvr 1 Post thousand oaks, California, USA
    Jul 2, 2023 10:27 AM UTC

Quote:

Go for it
  • Hassan20 Dating Profile
    Hassan20 5 Posts Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Aug 17, 2023 7:03 PM UTC
    I think its cool and it feels good when someone notices you and wants to talk to you. I don't think it happens enough for me at least but I definitely think it's cool
  • gardog951 Dating Profile
    gardog951 8 Posts Riverside, California, USA
    Aug 29, 2023 1:15 PM UTC

Quote:

Quote:

Hello all I'm Gary from Riverside C.A I wish woman would always make the first move Thinking about all the girls who led me on only to turn me down I can't say it made me stronger but it didn't make me any weaker ether I can't help but wonder how many girls wanted me to ask them out but didn't life would be so much better if we knew what your thinking any way that's my two cent's btw I'm 63 swm never married no kids so there you go

• Joebaby883 Dating Profile
    Joebaby883 2 Posts Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
    Aug 30, 2023 10:17 AM UTC
    It's really hot if the woman makes the first move. That's definitely a plus
  • Joebaby883 Dating Profile
    Joebaby883 2 Posts Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
    Aug 30, 2023 10:30 AM UTC

Quote:
    It's really hot if the woman makes the first move. That's definitely a plus

But usually now before going on a first date I always ask what are their intentions and if they wanted sex.
    And everyone wants sex lol
  • OlBikerBabe Dating Profile
    Aug 31, 2023 1:33 AM UTC
    Im not a guy. I probably shouldn't chime in, but we dont live in the 1800s any more. We work, pay bills, cook do laundry, why shouldn't we be able to ask a guy out ? Worst thing they could say is no.
  • oldguy35 Dating Profile
    oldguy35 3 Posts Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Sep 1, 2023 11:25 AM UTC

Quote:

Quote:

Definitely go for it. what is the worst can happen he says no and you are a bit embarrassed? in the end guys are somewhat hesitant now a days because of all the PC expectations. Hate seeing that happen. Also I often am distracted or oblivious to the signals that someone may have an interest so would welcome being approached

• Countryboy3784 Dating Profile
    Sep 8, 2023 1:11 PM UTC
    I've been asked out quite a few times myself! Though unfortunately it hasnt been very fruitful. For me it makes no difference on who asks who! You never know who's attracted too you, so a woman taking initiative to ask a man out is okay in my book!.
  • Countryboy3784 Dating Profile
    Sep 8, 2023 1:22 PM UTC

Men are just as stressed over rejection as women are! Especially if you are a woman with self worth, morals, values, and class! If you have a friend your interested to have something more with.... would it really hurt to break the ice? And this goes for both men and women! You on live once and to say nothing to a potential partner is doing yourself a disservice! What's the worst that could happen? Rejection? At least you'll know where you stand and not have the constant wonder of what if!
  • Kindness1007 Dating Profile
    Kindness1007 5 Posts New York, New York, USA
    Sep 8, 2023 11:56 PM UTC

Quote:

I absolutely enjoy it
  • Sarge_3440 Dating Profile
    Sarge_3440 3 Posts Rockdale, Texas, USA
    Sep 26, 2023 1:54 AM UTC

Quote:

Go for it as it is not the 50's anymore

• NorthPhoenix Dating Profile
    NorthPhoenix 6 Posts Phoenix, Arizona, USA
    Oct 18, 2023 5:04 PM UTC
    I wish more of them would make the first move
  • Randya Dating Profile
    Randya 6 Posts Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
    Oct 30, 2023 7:02 PM UTC
    If the man feels alienated by the woman gesture coming on to him it just shows that he doesn't have confidence in himself. I'll actually love when a woman comes on to me I think that's very erotic sometimes it gets it gets tired being the executive life. So please come on to a man and you will know if he has confidence or not!
  • jdh196011 Dating Profile
    jdh196011 1 Post CLARION, Pennsylvania, USA
    Dec 3, 2023 11:00 PM UTC
    I think very sexy an big turn on
  • Rhonda123 Dating Profile
    Rhonda123 25 Posts New York City, New York, USA
    Dec 4, 2023 5:01 PM UTC
    sometimes I just can't help myself so I do. Usually works just fine.
  • IndomitusPerplexus Dating ProfileBANNED
    IndomitusPerplexus 1 Post Clearwater, Florida, USABANNED
    Dec 4, 2023 5:07 PM UTC
    Certainly clarifies things, sometimes us guys can be pretty oblivious. You can drop all the subtle hints you want and there are quite a few of us, that it just goes right over our heads. Initiating intimacy leaves no doubt that you are interested in taking things to the next level..
  • goodblackman Dating Profile
    goodblackman 3 Posts Orlando, Florida, USA
    Dec 17, 2023 2:16 PM UTC

Quote:

I do welcome an advance from a woman which I have no confidence at all in myself of approaching any woman as it works out for me most of the time
Post Comment
Thread Statistics
34 Comments
Created: May 16, 2023 5:11 AM UTC
Last Viewed: 1 sec
Last Comment: Dec 17, 2023 2:16 PM UTC
Last Liked: Apr 21, 2024 5:23 AM UTC
Dislikes: 2 (0 Women, 2 Men)
Last Disliked: Sep 2, 2023 7:47 AM UTC
Share This Thread
Forum Search